Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yippee!

A year and a half ago, I was in Italy, living on a little farm on the outskirts of a village called Orte.  While I was there, I took walks around the farm and down the dusty gravel road that passed by it, and collect fruits, flowers, ferns, nuts, leaves...  Then I would rush to paint the things I'd collected before sunset.  I continued that habit the following spring and summer at home in Unionville, all the while harboring the idea I would figure out how to convert the paintings into fabrics.  I've been a real worrywart and doubter in the meantime, but on April 4, I got the Fed-Ex package with my first collection of fabrics - ten designs I made from my paintings!


For the next while, I'll be anxiously figuring out the logistics of selling and marketing them.

Spring is beautiful on my parents' farm; galloping along toward summer faster than I would like, but I guess if it weren't so fleeting, it wouldn't be as beautiful.  Especially the delicate crab apple blossoms that fell down with the rain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment