Thursday, August 25, 2011

a cup of tea and a peach

I violated the cardinal rule about blogging... I left off posting for about two months.  But I can't say I'm sorry or make any promises.  First of all it would be ludicrous because there's no one to apologize to.  My only readers are my friends and family, who already hear all my stories and blabbing over the phone or in person and I don't think they really read my blog anyway, but became "followers" because they're so good to me.  I still don't know what it is that makes me want to keep this blog since I keep a real paper journal and because blogs are such a weird mixture of public and private and there's something inauthentic about trying to present your life in an on-line magazine kind of way.  But I do enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I'll persist in trying to keep up this one.  In case there is someone reading whom I haven't spoken with lately, I did everything I said I was going to do on my list of things to do at the beach.  I got a big bar of French-milled soap and took every shower outside, two of them even at night by candlelight.  But  after the vacation, I got into a terrible mood that went on for weeks...  I worried a lot... I was grumpy, anxious and pessimistic.  And now, I think I'm finally restored.   I've moved to a big, clean basement apartment (with windows!) in Madison County. It is a really good temporary arrangement and a perfect workshop.  I have been sewing and sewing and sewing... there are scraps and thread clippings trailed all over the floor... evidence of work getting done, which makes me feel good.  I've been making pillows and will post them for sale on my Etsy site this coming Monday.  I am working on an entry for a contest through Country Living magazine and also trying to prepare entries for an art show in Madison.  By the end of next week, it will be a new month, and I'll have sent off my current projects and be starting new ones.  Anyway, I've been hunched over the sewing machine so much lately that I've been a terrible delinquent today... looking at over-sized decorating books in bed, finishing a silly love novel about an Italian orphan I got addicted to, and drinking tea and eating peaches out on the porch while making lists.  Now I have to try to do some of the things on the lists (how can I be slacking like this in the midst of all these deadlines?!?) before it's time to dash to the restaurant and take dinner orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment