Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pillows, gnomes, bananas and bees

Picture
One of Hanna's photos of her shop, Shabby Love Furniture, opening on Main Street in Orange...
a beautiful old rope bed with three of my pillows!  The shop will be opening up in late February.
To visit her webpage, click here 
Last Tuesday morning, my mom and I drove several hours to a beekeeping workshop taught by the Beekeepers Guild of the Eastern Shore.  We stayed at my parents' cottage on Chincoteague Island.   On Tuesday night, we went to to the island grocery store to get a coffee cake we were going to eat for breakfast with our neighbors the next morning.  I loved these two displays.  They really gave me the giggles.  Maybe after the store is closed and the gnome has finished selling bananas, he jumps off his tractor and goes over to get a good night's sleep on the little bed made up with King Tut sheets in the freezer and bread aisle!  

We learned a lot about bees.  I've wanted to keep bees for as long as I can remember, but like the lavender patch, I just haven't had my own stable place to be.  Lucky for me, my mom is enthusiastic about it now, and has decided to start two hives.  So I'll be able to help and learn.  We have part two of our class next week, and then we'll get our bees and supplies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment