Monday, July 22, 2013

time to officially spill the beans!

 My finger prints are almost sanded/stripped/scrubbed off...

































I've been making frequent messes at my mom and dad's house (this is a pile of books and a bench turned upside down on some seat cushions that need to be weighted)...

































And my own bedroom/workroom in my apartment is an overwhelming heap of down pillow inserts, fabric, threads, stacks of my paintings, etc...

But all of this chaos is because I'm planning a show!  On September 21 and 22, I'll be opening the barn on my parents' farm as a showroom... full of vintage furniture upholstered in my fabric designs, throw pillows, table linens, lavender sachets, wallpaper, bedding, wrapping paper and  hand towels all made from my fabrics.  There will even be a pyramid of lavender soaps made by my grandma Mimi and scented with the lavender oil  that came from the lavender my mom and I grew!

I've been conspiring to do this 'show' for a long time, and if you've been within 30 feet of me in the past six months or been my phone or pen pal, I'm sure you've already heard much more about it than you want.  I think I have a halo of anxiety.   Putting it all together is the biggest project I've tackled yet.  September is drawing near, and I still have a daunting amount of work to do.  Not to mention I'm more in debt than I have ever, EVER been.  EVER. And debt is something that drives me crazy.  I'm working my way (painstakingly) through the process of building a website...sewing in an 85 degree room... agonizing over which fabrics to match with which pieces of furniture... making new designs... refinishing furniture... designing new business cards... struggling with staple guns... and this week, among other things, I'll be experimenting with a 4' x 6' wall hanging.  I have pages of notes and lists and calculations and piles of receipts I'm trying to keep organized, and every once in a while when I haven't gotten enough sleep I get really grouchy and mean and afraid that things aren't going to come together in time.  But despite all the worry and labor in overdrive, I'm very excited.  It's going to be an open house.  So if you read this, please come to the show September 21 - 22 and bring anyone and everyone you want!  Directions and further details are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment