Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thank you

 It has been such a full few weeks, I don't know where to begin or what to say.  Most of all, I am very very thankful for all the people who came to my open house show and sale September 21 & 22, and who were so enthusiastic, and supportive and encouraging. (Not least of all my mom and dad, brother, cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents who all worked nearly to death to help me make it happen!) I didn't know if anyone would come, and when the cars started rolling in, I got so excited I think I probably acted like I was missing a quite a few brain cells.  But it was SO EXCITING I couldn't help myself!  And guess who was there all the way from Connecticut?  My extraordinary painting teacher, Mrs. Emerson!!  It is very disappointing that we forgot to get a picture there together.  (The aforementioned missing brain cells). I just snapped a few pictures, but I will be adding a bunch to my website soon.  Thank you again to everyone who was there!

Then I didn't know if I would have the energy, but at the last minute, I decided to do a booth at the 2nd annual Shabby Love barn sale, right in the town of Orange on Church Street.  Below are a few photos from my spot at the barn sale this past Saturday.  It was a cloudy day, but there wasn't a drop of rain, and it was fun and a good crowd came to look at the many vendors with all kinds of interesting wares.  I only wish I'd worn wool socks.  I have to thank my parents again, because they started helping me move furniture there before the sun even came up.  It was very hard work... and even harder packing up and moving all the leftover furniture back into my apartment at the end of the day. (Up a long uneven pathway, a huge antebellum porch staircase, then a narrow creaky inside staircase).  Somehow we did it, and now I have my own very unique furniture store, open by appointment only.  Feel free to write if anybody wants to come over and look for a one-of-a-kind piece ;)





Now, I am planning to have a booth space at the Montpelier races November 2nd... and I'm very nervous I won't have enough time to get ready!  But I will try.


No comments:

Post a Comment