Tuesday, January 17, 2012

a handsome bowl for 95 cents

bowl filled with Christmas Limas
Pillows for Hanna's shop
Valentines for the Arts Center
sel gris
 It's been a good day.  In the morning, I delivered three of my pillows to a shop that is opening on Main Street in Orange.  It was really nice to meet the proprietress, Hanna, and to be in the beautiful space she is setting up behind the secrecy of brown painter's paper taped all over the front door and windows.  The grand opening will be in February, and Hanna kindly said she would even like to have more of my fabrics and pillows in her shop!  Next I delivered a few herbal therapy pillows, one throw pillow and a pair of pocket warmers to the Arts Center in Orange... hoping some people will scoop them up as Valentines.  In the afternoon, I found a good bowl for 95 cents at the Goodwill.  And then, I had the luxury of going to Whole Foods and lolling around the bulk dry goods section.  I got these beautiful Christmas Lima Beans (pictured in the bowl).... and grey sea salt from France... and wild rice!  Two other good things have happened.  The past couple mornings, tufted titmice have been visiting the birdseed-filled heart outside my window.  I'd started to think the birds would never take advantage of it, but at last, they are coming.  AND... the first of the lavender seeds have begun to sprout!  The packet said germination would happen in 18 - 28 days, but these popped up in just under two weeks.  
lavender sprout

No comments:

Post a Comment