Tuesday, October 16, 2012

fall, from a balcony

 One of my favorite things about my apartment is the little balcony off the kitchen.  It makes such a difference to be able to easily go outside with a cup of tea, or to eat breakfast or lunch or dinner plein air.   What more could I ask for on any morning than to be able to step into the treetops in my robe!  This first picture I took a couple weekends ago.  I had rushed home from the quilt show to change into my waitressing clothes and eat quickly before going to work at the restaurant.  I took a few minutes to sit and enjoy the cooler air and the leaves starting to let go one by one.  Today while gathering my thoughts, I had fun watching a group of doves preening and dozing and puffing up their breasts against the chilliness.

And here is the honey that I suited up the other week to witness being harvested.  I really wanted to help Hunter bottle it too, but I didn't get to do that.  But here it is - he kindly gave me a jar.  Beautiful... it almost looks as warm as a fire in the hearth.

No comments:

Post a Comment