Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Meet Louis!

It all started when I was in sixth grade and got obsessed with the idea of having my own pet dog.  I researched and researched and set my heart on a cocker spaniel.  I was especially inspired by stories about Snappy, the black cocker spaniel that my dad and uncle Nectar had when they were little... and who alerted my grandpa when my uncle fell through the floor of the house next door that was still under construction.   Anyway, about twenty years ago, I did get my own cocker spaniel named Winnie.  I had so much fun with her, roaming around the fields, lounging around talking to her, teaching her tricks.   Over the years we've had a constant succession of cocker spaniels... Eleanor, and Roly, and lastly Benny.  But we've been dog-less for over a year now, and my mom has been wanting a new puppy.  She had a birthday this past week, and we REALLY surprised her. My brother found the puppy on-line and I rode with my dad to Dillwyn to pick him up.  He rode on my lap all the way back to Orange.  He is perfect - velvety fur on his nose, sweet little eyelashes, skunky puppy breath, and he's very smart and affectionate.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable face he has!! My mom always loved that kind of dog too! Hope you all have fun with him!!

    ReplyDelete